Quick question: What’s the most magical time of the year? If you guessed Christmas, well, you’re close. Actually, it’s Girl Scout cookie season. And there’s one basic reason for that: Thin mints.
If you’re like us and just can’t get enough thin mints, it might interest you to know that there’s a pretty easy way to bake your own version year-round. What’s more, you can opt for something healthier than what the Girl Scouts sell you; our recipe is sugar-free, vegan, paleo, even gluten-free!
Oh, and one more thing: We like our thin mints infused with just a little bit of peppermint-flavored CBD, allowing us to enjoy some of CBD’s calming benefits in every bite of these cookies.
Interested? We’re happy to share the recipe… and, to tell you where you can get the minty CBD oil you need.
CBD Thin Mints: Our Recipe
Prep time: About five minutes
Total time: About five minutes
Yields: 8-10 cookies
- Hemp protein powder (¾ cup)
- Cacao (half cup)
- Liquid stevia (half teaspoon)
- Liquid coconut oil (seven or eight tablespoons)
- Peppermint-flavored CBD from Asé Pure Naturals (five dropperfuls) *
*Note: You can tweak your CBD dosage to fit your needs. Be aware that five dropperfuls yields 150mg of CBD, and if you make 10 cookies, that works out to 15mg of CBD in each cookie.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and stir them together.
- Scoop it all into a plastic container.
- Create cookie shapes of your choosing… circles, squares, or something special!
- Set in the fridge or the freezer and let the cookies set.
- Keep your cookies refrigerated or store in the freezer until you’re ready to enjoy!
We love these cookies because they combine the minty snap of a thin mint with natural, healthy ingredients. Allow us to stress that these cookies are raw, low-sugar, vegan, protein-rich, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and great for anyone on a fat-burning diet.
A few notes about some of the ingredients we’re using:
- Raw cacao. In addition to being a great source of fiber and magnesium, cacao is rich in antioxidants, which means it can help enhance your blood circulation and elevate your mood. (Of course, real chocoholics already know all this!) Also, with raw cacao, there’s no pure sugar added!
- Coconut oil. We’re fans of coconut oil just in general, using it in practically everything we make. We love it for its rich lauric acid content, which provides an energy boost and also heightens metabolism.
- Hemp protein. Ah, yes… the hemp protein. Rich in fiber. Great for building muscle and burning fat. What’s not to love?
- Peppermint-flavored CBD. The secret ingredient in these cookies is our peppermint-flavored CBD. Sure, you could swap it out for plain ole’ essential oils, but we like the CBD kick because of its potential therapeutic benefits. And as ever, our CBD tinctures are natural, organic, non-GMO, vegan, and proudly made in the USA.
Why Use CBD in Your Baking?
While the scientific research on CBD remains somewhat limited, there is plenty of preliminary evidence to suggest that CBD offers many health benefits. Certainly, there is ample reason to consider the use of CBD in your home baking, whether that’s thin mints or something else.
According to some CBD users, the health benefits can include:
- Relief from joint pain and stiffness
- Feelings of relaxation
- Reduction in anxiety and depression
- Assistance falling to sleep at night
- An overall elevated mood
Our CBD products won’t get you high, so there’s no reason to worry about being in a mind-fog after you nibble on your thin mint. We will offer a standard disclaimer, which is that you may want to talk with your doctor to clarify whether CBD will interact with any of the medications you’re on. Don’t hesitate to check with your physician if you have any health or safety concerns at all.
Shop For High-Quality CBD Products Today
Looking for high-quality CBD ingredients to use in your next batch of homemade cookies? That’s where Asé Pure Naturals comes in. We are so happy to provide a catalog of natural, holistic, vegan, cruelty-free, non-GMO CBD products, all made right here in the USA. Take just a moment to explore our inventory of CBD options today.