Do you sometimes struggle to feel truly confident in who you are, or in the beauty and value you bring to the world? Here’s a little secret: We all do. Self-confidence can be a slippery thing, and no matter how talented or how well-liked we are, all of us can feel a little uncertain sometimes.
The good news about self-confidence is that there are some rituals, habits, and practical steps you can take to cultivate it… some of which may involve CBD, and some of which may not. Here are a few of our favorite confidence-boosting recommendations.
10 Ways to Boost Self-Confidence
- Get moving. How often do you engage in physical activity? Whether it’s a morning jog, an afternoon weightlifting session, or an evening bike ride, physical activity is crucial for self-esteem. The release of endorphins and other feel-good hormones is an absolute must as you seek to bolster your self-confidence. Create a routine and stick to it. Motivation is fleeting so it’s important to make this a discipline. This will build confidence in yourself and the results will speak for themselves.
- Practice meditation. Mindfulness meditation can be a great way of focusing your attention on all that you have to be grateful for, including the unique talents and gifts you bring to the world. Practice letting go of the past and focus on 5 things you are grateful for. Imagine if you had to wake up the next day with only the things you were grateful for. This is a fun way to gain perspective on how much we actually have to be grateful for. Gratitude is one of the most powerful ways to shift perspective. This is a mood enhancer hack. CBD can enhance your practice, fortifying your attentiveness and your openness.
- Personal appearance. For better or for worse, our self-confidence is often wrapped up in how we look. As such, one easy way to feel better about yourself is to take pride in yourself. Spend some time going through your wardrobe and get rid of anything that doesn’t make you feel great. You should love everything you wear, just think about when you like your clothing, you naturally have more confidence, this is a way to build up your self-image and feel good about yourself.
- Keep a journal. Specifically, a gratitude journal can be a good way to process and to catalog all those good things in your life, which can in turn play into your sense of confidence. Keep track of how you intend to participate in your environment and stick to it. No one is perfect, we are not aiming for perfection. We are suggesting to be honest with yourself and look at ways you can improve. Then have a plan for how you intend to respond and continue to improve in those areas of concern. When we have a day of improvement this feels great and empowering. Keep track of the improvement and reward yourself. The attention-focusing properties of CBD might be a helpful way to augment your journaling sessions.
- Serve someone. One thing that tends to kill confidence is spending too much time trapped inside your own head, where you can be all too aware of your shortcomings and limitations. Don’t dwell on the past, let it go and do something for someone else. Serving or volunteering in some capacity can be an antidote to this.
- Always prepare. There are certain situations in which self-confidence is especially important (and especially hard to come by). Think big presentations at work, or big tests at school. The best remedy for the jitters is to make sure you prepare, practice, rehearse… whatever you need to do to build some confidence that yes, you can do it.
- Stand tall. This one may sound simplistic, but just hear us out: The way you carry yourself can have a big impact on how you feel about yourself. In other words, your posture can be determinative to your self-esteem. Make a real effort to stand tall, reminding others and yourself that you have what it takes to be proud.
- Enrich yourself. Sometimes, even the most knowledgeable people struggle with low self-confidence. Even so, taking some time to enrich yourself can go a long way here. Study something new, like personal development strategies from people who have what you desire. There are tons of free resources on YouTube and many successful people are passionate about sharing their knowledge for free as a way to give back. Hone a new skill. Take classes. Broaden your horizons. The focusing effects of CBD may come into play here.
- Improve your health. It’s hard to feel confident when you never feel well. Be proactive in developing a healthier lifestyle, through diet, healthy brain food, exercise, or the potential medicinal benefits of CBD. (CBD can be especially worthwhile if you live with chronic pain or if you have difficulty sleeping.)
- Try something new. We mentioned how learning new things can boost confidence, but really, any type of new experience can be meaningful. Maybe that means including CBD in your post-workout recovery or in a recipe, maybe it means traveling somewhere new, or maybe it simply means to step outside of your comfort zone. Facing fears is a sure way to build confidence in self and the ability to do hard things. If there is one way to overcome fears, it is facing them head on and doing so repeatedly, until the fear no longer has control.
The bottom line? There are plenty of ways to bolster your self-confidence… and for many of these steps, having a little CBD handy can really help.
Shop for CBD Options from Asé Pure Naturals
At Asé Pure Naturals, we are big believers in CBD’s usefulness for anyone seeking to improve their mental, emotional, or physical health. And, we are pleased to provide a robust inventory of natural, holistic, vegan options, cruelty-free, non-GMO CBD products, all made right here in the USA. Take a minute to consider our high-quality CBD options, and reach out to Asé Pure Naturals with any questions.