These healthy chocolate covered strawberries are pure deliciousness. A perfect treat for any chocolate lover. Being healthy doesn’t have to be boring. The strawberries and dark chocolate are loaded with antioxidants. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and naturally sweetened with honey.
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup local Honey
- 1 Cup unsweetened Chocolate baking Chips (we used Guittard)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse strawberries in cold water and dry with a paper towel.
- Put the coconut oil, dark chocolate chips and honey in a bowl.
- Melt ingredients together in microwave in 30 second increments, stir and continue until melted be sure not to burn.
- For a thicker chocolate place chocolate mixture in the fridge for 5 minutes until it begins to thicken. Stir the chocolate again before dipping.
- Hold the strawberry by the leaves and dip it into the chocolate and let it drip before placing it on the parchment paper to set.
- For a thicker chocolate layer, dip the strawberry into the chocolate again after a few minutes.
- Optional: immediately following the dip, sprinkle coconut flakes or chopped nuts onto the chocolate before it begins to set.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is solid.