Here’s how to know if your body needs a CBD midday boost.
Most people happily take their CBD in the morning and evening, right on schedule, and appreciate what CBD does for them. This has become more and more common for everyone from athletes to the elderly. But many people who take CBD have needs that could be rising up in the middle of the day and those folks could use a little CBD boost during that time.
Are you one of these people? Do you get a little antsy in those late afternoon hours? Feel a little out-of-sorts during the commute home or in those bustling evening hours with the family? Here’s how to know if you could be one of those people that needs a CBD midday boost.
We’ll talk today about what happens when you take CBD and if that extra boost of CBD is just what you need to sail through the lull between your CBD morning and evening doses.
- What happens when you take CBD?
- Why do some people need a boost of CBD in the middle of the day?
- How do you know if you need an afternoon CBD boost?
- How to use micro-dosing to improve your afternoons.
What Happens When You Take CBD?
It helps to understand how CBD and other cannabinoids work in your body. Three important things to keep in mind, and let’s use a fun analogy to explain:
Imagine your CBD molecules are special agents – and they have a job to do. Get in there and make sure that everything is running smoothly. They work in partnership with your natural endocannabinoid system, which processes your body’s endocannabinoids and any phytocannabinoids (CBD and others) which you take. Taking them on a regular basis keeps your endocannabinoid system flushed with the little working agents needed to maintain homeostasis and improve various mechanisms and bodily systems’ processes.
- CBD, THC, and other cannabinoids and terpenes work like special agents within your body – seeking out all the places they could be of help. They pull up to endocannabinoid receptors within your body, organs, tissues, skin, etc, park their tiny little cars at these receptors and then get out and go to work. (Like little tiny James Bonds.)
- Your body’s metabolism plays a huge role. Think of your metabolic rate as the speed of the working time-clock, punched by all these tiny agents. If you have really high metabolism – your little special agents work fast, and move out of your system quicker, leaving lots of open endocannabinoid receptors without any cannabinoids to use them.
- Some of your agents stick around longer than others and if you take CBD on a regular basis – some of these cannabinoids stay “built up” in your system. Imagine that lull in your afternoons as a lull of efficiency in your bodily systems as all your little special agents are busy high-fiving each other in between shifts and clocking out, leaving gaps in efficiency as they leave. Your body has a dip in cannabinoid activity that slows and lowers bit by bit as you approach the regular time to take your next dose. For fast metabolizers – you need to send in a little extra backup help!
The idea here is that if you need it – send in a few extra agents in the late afternoon to help cover that lull! There are other reasons one might need more CBD during the day aside from a fast metabolic rate:
- Whether or not you ate food when you took your morning dose of CBD – no food means you may metabolize the CBD quicker.
- Whether or not you have natural energy level spikes late in the day.
- Whether or not you have a rise in stress or some other external factor that kicks in, causing you to need a little more help maintaining your sense of calm.
Recognize When Your Body Needs a Boost
You likely already know what your body needs. You pay attention, you listen to your body’s signals, and you notice when you feel a little off. There’s no clear indication of exactly how much CBD you need and because of how CBD works within your body, utilizing available ECS receptors, you can’t really send in too many of those little special agents. (Ok, ok we’ll drop the analogy.)
Because it can only help, when you need an extra boost, you can take a little extra CBD oil.
Here are some signs you may need a small dose between your regular morning and evening doses:
- You don’t feel as mentally well in the late afternoons.
- You begin to feel more stressed and edgy in the late afternoons.
- You begin to wonder if you need to take your evening CBD earlier to make it work better in the evenings – but then wonder if it will be too early for you to get a good night’s sleep. You’re looking for another alternative to maintain the balance you need.
- You feel great in the first few hours after taking your CBD but the effects are less noticeable or seem to fall short the longer you go. You are relieved when it’s finally time to take the next CBD oil serving. (This may worry you but CBD oil products are not habit-forming, they just work better when you take them consistently and you may grow accustomed to feeling better when you take them. Of course, you would feel relieved when you get that CBD boost on time.)
- You accidentally missed your morning serving of CBD and you feel out of sorts. It’s ok to go ahead and take a midday serving to help you pull through to the evening dose.
Adding in That Extra Kick of CBD Right When You Need it
For Tinctures Users:
- Take your regular serving of CBD at the same time each morning and evening.
- Add a 2nd dose of the same CBD tinctures, only for this second dose cut the amount in half. Try to space this second dose exactly in the middle between your regular servings.
- Note how this new regimen works for you and make micro-adjustments as needed, giving at least a week between changes to observe how it makes you feel.
For Capsules Users:
- Take your regular capsule(s) of CBD at the same time each morning and evening.
- Add a midday dose. It’s okay to take 3 full doses daily. If that feels too strong try using a liquid tincture where you can control the dosing size and cut your dose in half as opposed to taking another full dose capsule.
- Note how this new regimen works for you and make micro-adjustments as needed, giving at least a week between changes to make your observations.
Stay Well with CBD and Asé Pure Naturals
We hope that today you’ve learned more about what happens when you take CBD and how to take CBD in the middle of the day if you need it. Here at Asé Pure Naturals, we are committed to providing high quality CBD products, free from contamination and unnecessary chemicals or toxins, and to keeping our consumers informed on cannabis news, CBD research, health and wellness applications for CBD and how you can use CBD to enhance your life. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your CBD wellness journey.